When you complete this lesson, you will be able to explain the difference between internal and external motor faults. You will also be able to select the proper overcurrent and short circuit protection devices for motor branch circuits.
• Explain demands affecting motor branch circuits
• Identify the major parts of a motor branch circuit
• Identify characteristics of NEMA motor classifications
• Explain the effects of voltage and frequency deviation
• Identify common faults and diagnosis of AC devices