After completing this lesson, you will be able to explain causes and types of electrical overcurrent and identify how to protect circuits from overcurrents and faults.
• Describe an electrical overcurrent condition
• Describe an electrical fault with excessively high current flow
• Identify the difference between an electrical circuit overload condition and a short circuit condition
• Name two good conductors of electricity
• List some of the factors that determine the current rating of a conductor
• Explain how devices are used to protect from overcurrent and faults
• Describe ground faults that can occur from various grounding connections