After this lesson, you will be able to identify ways your awareness can reduce the environment impact of various processes and tasks. In addition, you will be able describe the process of designing and implementing an environmental management system (EMS) and discuss the overall goals of waste minimization and pollution prevention programs.
• Identify the primary reasons for developing an environmental policy
• Discuss common situations in which your environmental awareness can positively impact water and air quality
• Describe ways to protect the environment when handling solid and hazardous waste, petroleum products, and substances such as PCB and asbestos
• Describe the stages involved in developing an environmental management system
• Discuss the purpose of the National Waste Minimization Program
• Identify common benefits of waste minimization and pollution prevention programs