The course is aimed at developing and maintaining positive service attitudes in all staff that provide service to internal or external customers whether it be face to face on the phone or online. It is ideal for developing effective communication and service skills.
The program has four segments:
1. Explores ways to avoid blaming and overcome frustrations
2. Provides strategies for managing pressure
3. Helps people handle complaints and avoid service burnout
4. Skills and actions for managing difficult customers and challenges
It is ideal for training seminars short meetings conferences workshops and for one on one motivational coaching or self-development online. Managers and trainers can use the content and activity sheets to help their people ‘audit’ their negative messages and develop and sustain positive messages and positive service attitudes.
Key Learning Points
• We all have a range of positive and negative thoughts and ‘messages’
• Some messages are voiced some remain as underlying thoughts
• We all have the power to choose our own mood and attitudes
• We can switch on positive respectful messages if we choose
• Positive thoughts usually underpin positive actions and enhance wellbeing at work
• Our mood and attitude impact those around us
• Everyone contributes to the culture of the organization
• Leaders need to lead by example and provide excellent service to their team
• A positive culture at work is motivating and performance is improved
• When service staff have a positive mindset they switch on to deliver quality service
• Staff will solve problems and welcome customers more effectively when they feel positive
The SWITCH ON SERIES has been created by psychologist Eve Ash to help people identify and change negative thinking patterns. Each program is short with a unique tempo and style great graphics and music… and no voices! It uses a simple approach based on the notion of ‘scripts’ or ‘messages’ in our head that help us or hinder us at work. It ows a range of typical thinking patterns that underpin the actions and work that people do. It shows how negative messages can be transformed with a proactive approach to: SWITCH ON POSITIVE MESSAGES! Culture is changed when thoughts become actions and this is the vital link to positively change a workplace culture and the style of communication.