This course is aimed at developing and maintaining positive service attitudes in all staff that provide service to internal or external customers whether it be face to face on the phone or online. It is ideal for attitudinal discrimination and diversity training bullying and harassment prevention programs conflict resolution telephone and service training and for developing effective communication skills. It can be used for induction team building and management development and counseling training.
The SWITCH ON RESPECT program has four segments:
Segment 1 covers general dislikes, prejudices and racism and the need to be open and learn
Segment 2 explores overcoming judgmental and uncaring reactions
Segment 3 helps move beyond false beliefs, assumptions and ignorance
Segment 4 covers skills and actions for changing and forgiving
Learners can use the content and activity sheets to ‘audit’ their negative messages and develop and sustain positive messages and open non-judgmental attitudes.
Key Learning Points
• We all have a range of positive and negative thoughts and ‘messages’
• Some messages are voiced some remain as underlying thoughts
• We all have the power to choose our own mood and attitudes
• We can switch on positive respectful messages if we choose
• Positive thoughts usually underpin positive actions and enhance wellbeing at work
• Our mood and attitude impact those around us
• Everyone contributes to the culture of the organization
• Managers must create a positive culture at work with respectful communication
• A positive culture at work is motivating and performance is improved
• Respectful, inclusive behaviors at work are essential for cohesive teams
• Customers, fellow staff, managers and contractors all require respect
• There is no room for judgmental, biased, racist, discriminatory behavior at work
The SWITCH ON SERIES has been created by psychologist Eve Ash to help people identify and change negative thinking patterns. Each program is short with a unique tempo and style great graphics and music… and no voices! It uses a simple approach based on the notion of ‘scripts’ or ‘messages’ in our head that help us or hinder us at work. It ows a range of typical thinking patterns that underpin the actions and work that people do. It shows how negative messages can be transformed with a proactive approach to: SWITCH ON POSITIVE MESSAGES! Culture is changed when thoughts become actions and this is the vital link to positively change a workplace culture and the style of communication.