This lesson describes the design and purpose of O-rings and discusses how to use them successfully.
• Describe the function of an O-ring
• Explain the sealing of an O-ring
• Describe the two main types of O-ring sealing applications
• List some considerations when using an O-ring in a vacuum sealing application
• Identify various materials used in the production of O-rings
• Discuss common failure modes and how to troubleshoot these failures
• Describe proper techniques for installing and caring for O-rings