This lesson discusses principles of decontamination and describes activities performed in a standard decontamination corridor.
• Explain the purpose of decontamination and identify the priorities underlying the process
• Describe basic methods of decontamination
• Explain how the establishment of hot, warm, and cold zones facilitates decontamination
• Identify the decontamination steps implemented in a basic, six-step decon line
• Discuss the appropriate use of emergency decontamination procedures