After this lesson, you will be able to explain the basic concepts behind the use of bearings. In addition, you’ll be able to describe their mechanical functions, loading forces, common lubricants, main classifications, and the types of friction they encounter.
• Describe the types of friction forces that affect bearings
• Explain the basic mechanical functions of bearings
• Describe the loading forces affecting bearings
• Explain types of lubricants used in bearings
• Identify the two main categories of bearings