This lesson explains some basic techniques for installing and replacing rolling contact and sliding surface bearings.
• Describe tools used to install a rolling contact bearing
• Explain methods of installing a shrink fit bearing
• Explain methods of checking an installed rolling contact bearing for proper operation
• Describe sounds an improperly installed rolling contact bearing can make and explain the cause
• Describe alignment of a sliding surface bearing
• Describe tools used in the removal of sliding surface and rolling contact bearings
• Explain the removal process for rolling contact and sliding surface bearings