At the end of this lesson, you will be able to identify the most common types of sliding surface bearings, and recognize some of their design considerations and common operating characteristics.
• List the common names used for sliding surface bearings
• State the operating principle behind sliding surface bearings
• Define boundary and full film lubrication
• Describe bushings and sleeve bearings
• Describe split bearings
• Explain lubricating grooves, oil rings, and wick lubricators
• List advantages of sliding surface bearings