This lesson distinguishes the responsibilities of those employees who work on or near scaffolding to assemble, maintain, and operate all scaffolding systems and adhere to safety requirements.
• Define the role of a competent person related to scaffolding
• Recall the types of scaffolds commonly used on construction sites
• Identify the specifications of required scaffold assembly, maintenance, and operation
• Describe hazards associated with scaffolds and ways to prevent those hazards
• Recognize employer requirements to protect workers from scaffold hazards