At the end of this lesson, you will understand how DC generators and motors convert energy from one form to another. In addition, you will be able to describe basic DC generator and motor winding configurations and identify uses of each type.
• Outline the process of DC voltage generation
• Describe the windings and connections associated with a DC generator
• Describe the windings and connections associated with a DC motor
• Explain how various types of DC generators operate
• Discuss DC motor theory
• Identify and describe various types of DC motors