The late Maya Angelou once said, "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." Helping others feel good is at the heart of effective selling and customer service. These are the headline topics for our August playlists: “Cultivate Customer Satisfaction: Introduction to Customer Service” and “Elevate Your Sales Skills: Strategies for Selling.” In this edition, we’re spotlighting three of the content providers featured on these playlists: AssembleYou, Skillshub, and Thrive.
What content partners should you check out this month?
Specializing in short, actionable courses, AssembleYou is a great choice for business skills, strategy, project management, and personal development (among many other topics). They are based in the UK, yet create training designed for global audiences. Many of the 230 AssembleYou courses available in the Content Hub feature an audio format and open with this guidance: “Sit back, close your eyes and listen. Better still, play this in the car, while gardening, or out jogging.” More than half their courses are 30 minutes or shorter, with the longest course lasting 180 minutes.
Top titles include:
- Avoiding Burnout
- Leading People for New Leaders
- Project Management
- Power Up Your To-Do List
- HR Essentials from the HR Department
Skillshub is an engaging UK-based partner that offers micro-learning courses that can be taken as stand-alone learning experiences or sequenced together into learning pathways. With 888 courses currently in the Content Hub, Skillshub covers topics ranging from sales and customer service to diversity and wellbeing. Most courses, which vary in length from 2 to 25 minutes, are accompanied by a job aid to help transfer learning into real-world action. (There are three comprehensive courses, such as the Retail Sales Academy, that are more than 2 hours.)
Check out these favorites:
- Building Resilience at Work
- Managing Stakeholders
- Negotiation Styles
- How to Run a Brainstorming Session
Known for their visual appeal and thoughtful content, Thrive courses and documents are a favorite of many learners. They offer 316 learning experiences in the Content Hub on contemporary topics such as reducing mental health stigma, neurodiversity, empathy, and flexible thinking, along with traditional topics like teamwork and hiring. Thrive calls the UK home, but also offers many of their courses in Italian as well as English.
If you’re looking for engaging and whimsical-yet-substantial learning experiences, take a look at these and other courses:
- Listening with empathy
- Communication personality quiz
- Social media in the workplace
- Supporting someone who’s struggling
- Leading through failure
What new content partners have we added to the Content Hub?
dss+ (formerly DuPont Sustainable Solutions)
- This new content provider, based in the US, offers courses on workplace safety, compliance, manufacturing, and soft skills.
- They feature 145 microlearning courses ranging from 5 to 15 minutes. Each course features a video, summary, and assessment.
- Titles include: The New Normal: Emergency Communication Plan for Employers; Safety Matters: Lockout/ Tagout; and Pause for Performance: Compassion.
- dss+ courses are currently available in English…but additional languages are coming soon!
- With 88 courses in the content hub, this new UK-based provider expands content coverage in the areas of communication, leadership, coaching, negotiation, and other critical soft skills.
- Courses by Maguire have a consistent UX, featuring an animated facilitator who guides learners through the experience. Each course is available in English and is 30 minutes in duration.
- Titles include: Mental Health Awareness; Understanding Different Personality Types; Giving Constructive Feedback; How to Mentor Effectively; and Coaching Using the GROW Model.
- The 16 new courses from US-based Get Control! are designed to “help digital workers get control, save time and get more done.”
- Each video-driven course is 30 minutes long and is available in English.
- Titles include: Get Control! of Email and Outlook; Get Control! of Google Search; Get Control! of OneDrive and SharePoint; and Get Control! of Digital Time Management.
- The 50 courses from this new content provider expand topic coverage ranging from business strategy and leadership to digital skills and teamwork.
- Soundview courses, all of which are 30 minutes or shorter, provide learners with PDF book summaries and videos featuring key insights from leading business authors.
- Titles include: 5 Ways to be an active learner; What is authentic leadership?; How to stop procrastinating; Connect with your people; and How to build a high engagement culture.
- This new content provider offers in-depth courses on human resources, business skills, leadership, and health & wellbeing.
- Designed using the ADDIE Adult Learning model, Velsoft courses are between two and four hours long and include explicit learning objectives, pre-and post-assessments, and lists for further reading.
- This content provider is based in Canada and all courses are in English.
- Titles include Human Resource Training: HR for the non-HR Manager; Public Speaking: Presentation Survival School; Managing Pressure and Maintaining Balance; and The ABC's of Supervising Others.
What’s Shannon’s favorite course right now?
I recently attended a session at our annual sales kick-off about identifying your strengths and weaknesses at work. The session dug into how we can find our strengths and the benefits of leaning into those areas to be happier and more fulfilled at work. After the session, I went looking in Go1 to see what courses I could recommend providing a similar outcome and came across Identifying Your Strengths by ej4. I love ej4’s simple approach to training, offering a quick video, typically 3-7 minutes, followed by a quiz. Most courses offer a downloadable resource as well. This course gives easy steps to identify your strengths, how to ask for feedback from your peers, and the benefits of using a career coach to maximize your strengths.