This lesson identifies the various types of special transformers and describe how they are used.
• Describe the use of a reactor in a circuit
• Identify the circumstances when you would use a choke in a circuit
• Explain why an isolation transformer is used to supply power to a variable speed drive
• Describe the windings in an autotransformer
• Compare the purposes of buck-boost transformers, potential transformers, and current transformers
• Identify a scenario where a control transformer is needed
• Identify an application that requires a K-Factor transformer