What's it about?
- The Sociological Imagination (9 videos, 8 quizzes, 1 assessment)
- Inequality in the 21st century: Local and Global Stratification (10 videos, 9 quizzes, 1 assessment)
- Social Structures (10 videos, 9 quizzes, 1 assessment)
- From the Concrete to the Elastic (10 videos, 9 quizzes, 1 assessment)
What will I learn?
- What is the sociological imagination
- How to connect your biography with society
- What is social inequality
- How inequality impacts on both the individual and the society
- The institutions of our society and how they impact the individual
- The social changes that are happening around us
This course requires approximately 2 - 4 hours of study per week, but can vary depending on the student. This includes watching videos, and taking quizzes and assessments. The total video time for this course is approximately 4 hours 51 minutes.
If you pass this course you'll receive a Certificate of Achievement. While this certificate isn't a formal qualification or credit, you can use it to demonstrate your interest in learning about this area to potential employers or educational institutions.
Where could this lead me?
If you're wondering what your future could look like in this area, here are some potential careers you could head towards.
- Policy development
- Public service
- Human resources
- Sales and marketing
- Social research