Welcome to Personal Leadership and Influence. This course is designed to support leaders in understanding the critical role of social competence – encompassing personal wisdom and people skills – in leading and inspiring others. During the program you will complete a range of self-reflective activities to build self-awareness and understanding – critical abilities in the transformational leader.
The program is designed for current and emerging leaders within the health and human services setting.
During the course you will learn to:
- Describe the role of leadership in organisations
- Explain the ‘performance equation’
- Understand your personal behavioural style and its impact on others
- Explain the critical role of self-awareness and social competence
- Describe contemporary leadership models and frameworks
- Apply practical tools and techniques to achieve effectiveness in a leadership role
- Develop individual goals for building personal leadership capability
- The role of leadership in organisations
- Fundamentals of human behaviour
- Self-awareness and social competence
- Transformational and Situational Leadership
- Contemporary models of leadership
- Personal action planning for building leadership capability
This short course will enable participants to become more effective transformational leaders and enhance their leadership capability.