Morality and Meaning: Your Moral Conscience and Ethical Balance at Work
Go beneath the surface of workplace ethics and take a hard look at how personal morality, conscience, and perspective help build a solid ethically balanced person. Business ethics is more than just compliance. Ethical decisions involve deeply personal moral beliefs and attitudes that impact the kinds of choices we make at work. This course helps participants understand how conscience, feelings, guilt, moral perspectives, and ethical balance play out in everyday ethical decisions at work.
- Understand examples of moral dilemmas at work and how to decide what’s best in various settings.
- Know what one’s moral conscience is and how it plays out in the workplace.
- Ask critical questions about ethical dilemmas of conscience at work and know who to ask when help is needed.
- Think about facts, absolutes, and feelings and what people think about them.
- Connect the appropriate role of guilt, conscience, and good ethics in the workplace.
- Discuss the issues of moral relativism and moral absolutes in our workplace culture.
Connect personal character and moral/ethical decision-making to business compliance issues and principles.