When you finish this lesson, you will be able to visually identify the type of core construction in a transformer and describe types of transformer cooling, temperature limits, and external devices of the transformer.
• Describe the basics of core construction
• Describe the design of a core-type transformer
• Describe the design of a shell-type transformer
• Describe a toroidal core transformer
• Describe the cause of coil movement
• Describe types of transformer cooling
• Describe the type of coolant used to cool transformers