Eve Ash interviews Jan Durrans, Senior Vice-president and Chief of Staff and Performance Officer at BOFI Federal bank to explore a powerful set of key practices to adopt to ensure the successful development of staff. Jan explains how to use clear and specific goals, both qualitative and qualitative, to help team members succeed. Goals must be agreed and discussed, documented, measured and regularly reviewed. Jan suggests how to handle underachievers, and that managers are always responsible for their team's success.
Key Learning Points
• Everyone needs clear & specific goals
• Identify key elements of the role
• Qualitative & quantitative goals
• Rating & tier goals
• Discuss & agree goals
• Documenting goals & measures
• Regular meetings to review
• Develop trust & challenging goals
• How to handle underachievers
• Managers are responsible for team success
• Final tips
Sales Staff, Teams, Trainers, Executives and Managers
This program is one of the Insights and Strategies Series, featuring psychologist Eve Ash interviewing a range of experts and business leaders who share their experiences and practical strategies for achieving best practice.