This Risk Assessment course helps learners understand each of the key steps of a risk assessment, including how to identify risks, manage hazards and determine the likelihood of harm, so that they are confident in carrying out a risk assessment in their own premises.
The course is divided into 5 easy to follow interactive modules and includes a multiple choice test at the end:
- Introduction to Risk Assessment – what is a risk assessment? Why are risk assessments important? Who should carry out a risk assessment? Common causes of workplace injuries.
- Legal Responsibilities – the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act, the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations, other regulations, approved codes of practice, employer responsibilities and law enforcement.
- Identifying the Risks – the steps of a risk assessment, identify the hazards, decide who might be harmed and how, evaluate the risks, the likelihood of risk, the severity of harm and the degree of risk.
- Reducing the Likelihood of Harm – decide on precautions, the hierarchy of control measures, engineering controls, administrative controls, personal protective equipment and further help.
- Recording and Reviewing the Results – record your findings and implement them, download a risk assessment template and review and update.
This Risk Assessment course is designed for everyone whether you are an employer, a manager, a supervisor or an operator regardless of the industry or environment that you work in.
The course is also a great introduction to Health and Safety practices for individuals wanting to develop a career within Health and Safety. If you are looking for work, this qualification is a great addition to any CV.
By the end of this course learners will:
- Be able to explain the five key steps of risk assessments
- Understand the types of accidents, injuries and ill health that may occur as a result of failing to manage health and safety.
- Be able to describe the difference between near misses and accidents
- Understand the 3 types of risk assessments
- Be able to identify vulnerable groups of people
- Explain the legislation associated with risk assessments
- Feel confident to carry out a suitable and sufficient risk assessment of the workplace
This Intellelearn Risk Assessment course includes:
- Stop-Start technology meaning you learn at your convenience
- All device compliant meaning you can use laptop-tablet-smartphone at anytime
- Ensures compliance with UK Health and Safety legislation
- Developed by Health & Safety Professionals
- Accredited by both iirsm and CPD