This lesson provides a basic overview of radiation. In addition, you will be able to describe associated health risks commonly associated with radiation and identify methods to protect yourself and others from exposure.
• Discuss the basic relationship between elements, atoms, and particles
• Describe the difference between ionizing and nonionizing radiation
• Explain some basic radiation protection concepts
• Identify the risks of exposure to radiation and radioactive materials
• Discuss some of the ways radiation monitoring is conducted
• Identity safety practices and actions that can protect you from exposure to radiation