Kylie Bell talks with Eve Ash about strengths and the part they play in enhanced wellbeing. Knowing we have strengths makes us more engaged and motivated, resulting in less stress and depression and better health. New strengths can be discovered any time, especially through various strength finders and profilers which are available online. Allowing people to perform to their strengths also increases productivity by 40% while turnover decreases by 50%. People’s strengths are encouraged through others noticing, coaching and directing them to suitable tasks. Acknowledging people’s various strengths enables greater tolerance of difference.
• Examine how using strengths can reduce stress and depression, and increase happiness and satisfaction
• Identify better health behaviors and improved morale
• Use strengths and see more initiative and responsibility for own roles
• Show a willingness to self-correct
• Predict appreciation of others’ different strengths will to improved diversity and greater tolerance
Interviewer: Eve Ash
Interviewee: Kylie Bell