These days staff can be scattered in offices around the world. Kylie Bell who is experienced in managing virtual teams outlines how they can be cohesive through the leader planning clear goals, roles and processes, arranging work so that progress can be monitored, being available, responsive and reliable when meetings are held, and having a clear meeting agenda. Building and maintaining relationships is paramount, for rapport, as is respecting the culture of others located in different countries.
• Outline efficient ways to monitor and manage a virtual team
• Transform the challenge of managing team from afar
• Identify the importance of weekly meetings
• Plan availability for problems and questions
• Build relationships and connect with people
Interviewer: Eve Ash
Interviewee: Kylie Bell