When you complete this lesson, you will be able to explain the necessity of a lockout/tagout program and adhere to the procedures and practices of lockout/tagout safety. This lesson satisfies the training requirements for OSHA standard 29 CFR 1910.147.
• Explain the components of a lockout and tagout program
• Identify lockout and tagout terminology
• Recall the training requirements of a lockout and tagout safety program
• Identify the sequence of actions required by the lockout program
• Explain procedures for returning equipment or machines to service
• Recall communication requirements to ensure the safe lockout and tagout of equipment and machines