When you complete this lesson, you will understand how to safely work in a laboratory. You will also be able to describe the proper disposal of laboratory waste. This lesson satisfies the training requirements for OSHA regulation(s) 29 CFR 1910.1450.
• Identify the four categories of hazard identification signage
• Discuss common laboratory safe work practices • Describe the appropriate PPE required when working in a laboratory
• Explain the proper usage of electrical and heating devices in a laboratory
• Identify the appropriate procedures when cryogenic liquids, laser-containing equipment, and ultraviolet radiation are present in a laboratory
• Explain the general guidelines when using a centrifuge, microwave oven, and autoclave
• Describe how to appropriately dispose of laboratory waste