This is an entertaining course to help people improve their English by describing positive and negative emotions and feelings — including non-verbal language. It also covers basic grammar, useful everyday expressions and new vocabulary. The style is simple, clear and easy to follow, and will help learners develop confidence in speaking English correctly, both at work and in their personal lives.
• Build confidence in speaking conversational English
• Compare positive and negative feelings
• Use because to connect the two parts/ideas in a sentence
• Use everyday expressions about feelings such as What’s the matter? or What’s wrong?
• Build vocabulary with words that describe feelings
• Be able to practice talking about feelings in English
This video is part of the Basic English Series, created by Psychologist Eve Ash and linguistics expert Fran Byrnes, starring Erin Brown and Emmy-award winning Kim Estes.
It features great characters in amusing situations with fun storylines. It optimizes learner engagement in real conversations, with practical activities that are immediately applicable in the workplace, and in everyday life. The learning approach is founded on proven language learning principles presented in an innovative and effective style.