In this course you will look at the agreed ways of working, the legislation that underpins the handling of information and gain an understanding of secure systems and their importance in maintaining up to date records.
The knowledge element of standard 14 of the Care Certificate is covered in this course.
This course is aimed at:
- New members of staff in Healthcare Support Worker roles
- New members of staff in Adult Social Care Worker roles
- Any staff members who provide direct care to patients or individuals needing support
- This course will also be useful for:
- Staff moving into new roles within their organisation
- Refreshing the knowledge of any member of staff
Once you’ve completed this course, you’ll have a knowledge of:
- Confidentiality and when to share information
- Relevant legislation
- Data protection principles
- Secure storage of information
- The importance of clear recording in care plans
- How to report concerns about the recording, storage or sharing of information