With Australia's current National Terrorism Threat Level being at PROBABLE. The need for a shift in security awareness has become an urgent requirement. This cannot be achieved without meeting the need to uplift individual behaviour to a more innovative, holistic, inclusive and proactive level of security and safety awareness so that this becomes a cultural norm.
The need for compliance with Australia’s Strategy for Protecting Crowded Places from Terrorism means that all stakeholders need to have a fundamental understanding of GSSAT so that they can contribute effectively to creating a safer environment for all.
Our GSSAT Express program is an intensive, condensed version of our full 'Switch-On' GSSAT Online program and has been designed based on years of research as a unique ‘switch on’ training program and offers a clear pathway to achieve fundamental safety and security awareness. This is achieved by offering a proven hands-on approach, underpinned by industry expert experience and leading academic research.
The primary goal is to provide the fundamental knowledge needed to assist in identifying potential threats and risks and to enhance the safety and security by creating a mindset of realistic and proactive security awareness.
Whilst our express online version is no substitute for face to face training or our intensive, online version, it is designed to deliver a comprehensive training approach which will equip participants with the skills, training and tools required to identify, predict and ideally prevent the safety and security risks and threats that they may be exposed too.
The following topics will be covered:
- Awareness, Intuition and Observation
- Adrenal response management and Threat overviews
- Emerging trends and Understanding Criminal and Terrorist MOs
- Attacker ritual and target hardening
- Introduction to Scenario planning and response
- Fundamentals of emergency and crisis response
- Suspicious Items (Relevant to Basic Bomb and IED awareness) and WHS compliance considerations
- Active armed offender response (Escape, Hide, Tell modelling)
- Introduction to Personal safety fundamentals and Communication considerations
- Introduction to working with authorities and after incident management and recovery