After this lesson, you will be familiar with several common procedures for operating and maintaining a combustion turbine (CT) as well as some conditions that require emergency procedures.
• Describe pre-start up maintenance/ inspection, and windmilling parameters
• Describe the basic startup process for a combustion turbine (CT)
• Describe the basics of swapping fuel types, and the risks involved
• Explain how the environment affects the CT (high and low temperature, barometric pressure, etc.)
• Identify emergency procedures and the conditions in which they would be implemented
• Explain the purpose of a water wash
• Explain what a load commutated inverter is and how it communicates with the exciter to start a combustion turbine