This course provides basic business ethical decision-making strategies and code of conduct information. It functions as a foundational general ethics course targeted to all employees. This course introduces participants to various ethical decision-making models and then expands to cover common code of conduct topics. The emphasis of this course is to help employees develop solid ethical decision-making skills in the context of learning specific codes of conduct.
- Understand a working definition of business ethics and apply it to everyday situations.
- Know how to approach and solve various kinds of ethical dilemmas using specific ethical tests and problem-solving strategies.
- Understand the purpose components and scope of a code of conduct.
- Know the ethical principles for caring for company assets.
- Know the ethical principles for avoiding conflicts of interest.
- Know the ethical principles for handling confidential information and intellectual property.
- Know the ethical principles for dealing with business gifts and hospitality.
- Know the ethical principles surrounding antitrust and fair completion conflicts.
- Understand the ethical responsibilities and obligations for employees and managers.
- Learn how to report unethical behavior and how to get assistance.
Reduce compliance related issues build understanding of ethics & compliance content and issues and support an ethical culture in the workplace.