This lesson describes the flow of electrical current, explains common hazards of electricity, and practices safety procedures to prevent injury, damage, and death caused by electrical hazards. This lesson satisfies the training requirements for OSHA standard 29 CFR 1910.137.
• Describe the flow of electrical current using the terms amp and volt
• Identify electrical hazards
• Minimize electrical hazards
• Follow safe practices regarding work with or near electrical sources and circuits
• Apply safety procedures to portable electrical equipment
• Adhere to safe practices regarding the handling