This lesson describes different types of chemical formulas and chemical reactions. In addition, it discusses components and characteristics of solutions.
• Describe the notation of various types of chemical formulas
• List the four common types of chemical reactions
• Identify the function of a catalyst
• Explain the difference between exothermic and endothermic chemical reactions
• Describe the relationship between a solute and a solvent
• Identify factors that can affect solubility
• Explain what is meant by the saturation point of a solution