When you complete this lesson, you will be able to define terminology applicable to arc flash, navigate the guidance of the NFPA 70E, and mitigate unsafe conditions potentially resulting in an arc flash.
• Define the term Arc Flash Hazard as listed in the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) code 70E
• Identify the basic concepts of arc flash occurrences
• Identify and define common terms associated with arc flash occurrences
• Describe the formation of an arc
• Identify the personnel risks associated with an arc flash
• Describe the purpose and performance of an Arc Flash Hazard Analysis
• Identify procedures associated with arc flash effect mitigation