This lesson highlights how to recognize factors that cause accidents and methods to prevent accidents. In addition, you will understand the process of investigating an accident.
• Explain the difference between an accident and near miss
• Define an unsafe act and an unsafe condition
• Identify factors that can lead to an unsafe act or condition
• Discuss methods used to prevent an accident
• Explain the importance of a Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
• Describe the purpose of an accident investigation
• Identify the basic components of an investigation report