Teams can lose motivation for all kinds of reasons but it’s contagious. When this happens, Peter Quarry and Eve Ash recommend techniques for recognizing and unblocking low motivation, identifying a sense of purpose (the Five Whys), improving leadership and people’s feelings of being appreciated. Leaders need survival skills, including the ability to find a silver lining and ways to unblock motivation by getting issues and recommendations on the table.
• Recognizing signs of low team motivation
• Identifying a sense of purpose
• Improving team leadership
• Developing survival skills
• Unblocking low motivation
Interviewer: Eve Ash
Interviewee: Peter Quarry