An in-depth explanation of each of the major alcoholic drink categories, featuring 158 minutes of learning material (video, text and photo). The course covers production, definitions, rules, flavours and service for each category.
In this course, you will learn:
- The major alcoholic drink categories, through 14 quick videos.
- In-depth explanation of definitions, raw materials and production.
- Accessible introductions to tasting and how each category is served.
This course is intended for any existing staff in the hospitality industry who are expected to make or serve drinks, plus anyone working in an F&B service role who needs to acquire a more in-depth understanding of alcoholic drinks.
This course will give learners a thorough understanding of how alcohol is made, the different categories of alcoholic drinks, and how each one can be described and discussed, thereby building their confidence when discussing products in front of their customers.
By ensuring a thorough understanding of the different alcoholic drink categories, organisations will be increasing the knowledge base of their staff and making sure they not only understand the products they serve but are more confident in selling them. Enhancing employees’ ability to better serve guests has a flow-on effect throughout the whole business, in terms of positive reviews, social media and word-of-mouth recommendations – which helps increase repeat clientele and maximises revenue.
2 Hours 38 Minutes
- What is a liqueur – and is it the same as liquor?
- The different categories and styles.
- How to store, serve and mix liqueurs.
60 questions on beverage basics.