Microsoft Excel is a straightforward way of storing data, but creating visualizations is at times fairly tedious for an analyst. With Tableau, you can save time when analyzing Excel data and create great data visualizations that present data in a way that even non-analysts can understand, which in turn helps businesses to make informed decisions.
In this course, you'll be introduced to Tableau and understand the different versions of the software including Tableau Desktop, Tableau Desktop Professional, Tableau Public, Tableau Online, and Tableau Server. The course contains session material that covers both fundamental and advanced concepts to create worksheets, dashboards, and stories in Tableau.
You'll get a solid understanding of the user interface and all the powerful functions available in Tableau. Furthermore, you'll learn about other topics such as table calculations, parameters, filters, user-defined calculations, (variables). Next, you'll see how to use dashboard actions to create interactivity between dashboard components and how to "drill-down" into more dashboards containing additional detail for specific data elements.
By the end of the course, you'll be adept with the knowledge to create great visualizations with Tableau for your day-to-day business needs. The code bundle for this video course is available at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Learning-Tableau-10.x
Style and Approach: This step-by-step guide to Tableau dashboard development. Each part of this course focuses on key functionality of Tableau to enable you to become familiar with Tableau and learn advanced concepts to build dynamic and functional dashboards.
This video course is for professionals with no knowledge of Tableau. It's ideal for those who want to build rich analytics and visualizations using Tableau.
- Connect data with Tableau and understand the available data sources
- Blending your data and incorporating data sources
- Learn how to make interactive visualizations
- Understand different calculations in Tableau
- Understanding Mapping and geocoding functionalities
- See Building dashboards and creating visualizations in Tableau
- Create dashboards with advanced functionalities in Tableau
- Covers the latest version of Tableau with up-to-date techniques and examples that address customer and business needs
- Learn ways and methods practically to increase productivity with Tableaus rich user interface