Welcome to Leading Others. This course combines theory with practical activities to consider the attributes of high performing teams in the work setting. The discussion draws extensively from lessons learned from high performance teams. Leaders drive culture and performance within their teams and their ability to positively influence their people can directly impact an organisation’s success.
This program is designed for leaders and influencers at all levels of the organisation who are interested in building successful, high performing teams.
During the course you will learn to:
- Apply models for team development to practical situations
- Develop social competence and interpersonal effectiveness as a mechanism for building team dynamics
- Explain high performance cultures and the team processes to achieve team goals
- Describe the value of values in guiding team behaviour
- Shifting from transactional to transformational leadership
- The transition to leadership – from personal leader to team leader
- Stages of team growth and development
- Understanding teams and group dynamics
- The characteristics of a high performing team
- Defining and developing a high performance team culture
- Decision making and participative processes in the team environment
- Continuous improvement
- Communicating personal responsibilities and contributions to team outcomes
- Resolving problems and issues within the team environment
- Exploring values and ground-rules within the team environment
This program will assist leaders to build greater understanding of the dynamics at play within your own team as well as your personal preferences that guide interactions with others in the team. Through a range of activities, you will build skills to enhance team effectiveness, strengthen a high performance culture, and make the shift from individual contributor to a leader of people.