Infection, Prevention & Control
The course provides participants with the knowledge required to follow safe work practices in order to prevent and control infection in the workplace including:
- Identifying the risk of infection.
- Responding appropriately to situations that pose an infection risk and reporting accordingly.
- Identifying common infections.
- Recognising the modes of transmission of infection.
- Applying standard precautions as part of own work routine.
- Recognising situations when transmission based precautions may be required and reporting accordingly.
- Applying transmission based precautions when standard precautions may not be sufficient to control infections
The first element of this course is recommended for workers who require knowledge of safe work practices in order to prevent, and if necessary control, infection in the workplace. This course equips workers with the latest evidence based knowledge required to prevent and control infection according to current Work Health Safety (WHS) legislation, standards and industry codes of practice
This online course focuses on safe work practices to ensure the health and safety of workers, clients and others.