What's it about?
- The Evolution of People Management (10 videos, 9 quizzes, 1 assessment)
- Recruitment in the Digital Age (10 videos, 9 quizzes, 1 assessment)
- Learning & Development in Context (10 videos, 9 quizzes, 1 assessment)
- Performance Management (10 videos, 9 quizzes, 1 assessment)
What will I learn?
- Identify how HR has evolved over the last century
- Gain an understanding of current and emerging issues in HR such as:
- Workplace stress and bullying
- The implications of IT, email and the internet
- Flexible work arrangement & virtual work teams
- Develop a broad understanding of the recruitment process from the planning stages to how to retain your recruits. You will also gain insight into how to apply HR techniques such as:
- Using social media to recruit staff
- Using behavioural interviewing techniques
- How to screen potential job candidates
- Identify the role of training and development in an organisation and explore modern approaches to workplace learning.
- Develop a broad understanding of the role of performance management. In particular:
- Tools and techniques you can use to help you manage staff
- How to conduct performance reviews
- Managing the use of social media in the workplace
This course requires approximately 2 - 4 hours of study per week, but can vary depending on the student. This includes watching videos, and taking quizzes and assessments. The total video time for this course is approximately 4 hours 22 minutes.
If you pass this course you'll receive a Certificate of Achievement. While this certificate isn't a formal qualification or credit, you can use it to demonstrate your interest in learning about this area to potential employers or educational institutions.
Where could this lead me?
If you're wondering what your future could look like in this area, here are some potential careers you could head towards.
- HR Officer
- HR Manager
- Learning & Development Manager
- Organisational Development Manager