Workers in the construction industry face a number of health and safety hazards in their work sites every day, including exposure to materials that can cause serious illness and affect the health of a worker in the long term. This course was designed to provide awareness of the potential dangers of some common materials to which construction workers may be exposed.
- Define the term health hazard
- List the major health hazards you may be exposed to at a construction site
- Identify work activities that may expose you to each of these hazards
- Describe the health effects of the hazardous substances discussed
- Give examples of what you can do to prevent or limit exposure to each of the hazards discussed