This practical and interactive Food Safety programme is approved in The UK as a Level 2.
" the course content is very comprehensive and is consistent with current best practice”
This level programme is a requirement for all chefs in the UK and general food service staff are encouraged to undertake this more in depth programme.
The programme takes approx 4 hours depending on your initial understanding of food safety and English language level. You do not have to complete all the modules in one go. In fact, we recommend that you take your time and spread your learning over a few days so you actually relate the information into your workplace.
There are 10 modules plus a final assessment. You will progress through the modules in the order listed and must finish each module before you can move to the next.
Order of completion:
- About Being a Food Handler
- About Microbiological Hazards
- About Food Poisoning
- About Physical and Chemical Hazards
- About Allergens
- About Receiving and Storing Food
- About Preparing and Serving Food
- About Personal Hygiene
- About Cleaning and Pest Awareness
- About Premises and HACCP
- Food Safety - Final Assessment
The overall objectives are:
- Identify the responsibilities of being a food handler
- Identify food safety hazards and safe food practices
- Describe the causes and symptoms of food poisoning
- Apply controls in food storage, preparation, display and service to
minimse risk and achieve high standards of food hygiene and safety
- Identify high standards of personal hygiene as a food handler
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness in the premises and be
aware of possible pest contamination
- Explain the principles of HACCP and the role of the food handler in
implementing a food safety management system