HCPro’s Fire Safety online learning course will teach employees in medical and dental settings how to prevent and respond to fires in the facility. Students will learn the appropriate times to fight a fire or evacuate and preventive measures to ensure electrical safety at your facility. The course also teaches students to verify proper storage of hazardous chemicals and reviews the different types of fire extinguishers.
At the completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Summarize the evacuation plan at your facility, including employee and patient evacuation.
- Demonstrate the fastest evacuation route(s).
- Discuss how to respond to fire or smoke in your work area.
- Differentiate when it is appropriate to fight a fire and when it is better to evacuate (flight).
- Locate the portable fire extinguishers at your facility.
- Describe procedures for using a portable fire extinguisher.
- Distinguish between the different types of portable fire extinguishers.
- Verify that hazardous chemicals are properly stored.
- Explain preventative measures to ensure electrical safety at your facility.