Go1 offers APIs which allow you to automate the creation of users from external applications like Salesforce.
When a user account is created via the API a welcome email is sent out. If this is not required, it and many other types of notifications can be configured from within the portal.
If you need to create users with additional attributes, Custom Fields can be added to the portal by Go1. To request this, speak with your Customer Service Manager. Once created, they can be populated via the API or in the portal directly.
When it works
- When large numbers of users need to be on-boarded regularly, either in bulk or on an individual basis
- When customers need to assign learning to users before they access the platform (user accounts must exist before content can be assigned)
- When one-time-login tokens are used to log users in
- When managers need to be assigned to users prior to access
- To bulk send invitations to the Go1 platform (optional)
When it doesn't work
- If there is no technical team available to integrate with the API
- If SSO is available (which is a better option if there is no need for content or managers to be assigned prior to access)
- API access, admin-content authentication token with user.read and user.write scopes (see the Authentication and authorization guide)
- Single Sign-On
Follow the steps on our Authentication and authorization guide to retrieve an access token.
Post a request to the Users API with the access token in the header
curl --location --request POST 'https://api.go1.com/v2/users' \ --header 'Content-Type: text/plain' \ --header 'Authorization: Bearer ACCESS_TOKEN' \ --data-urlencode 'email=USER_EMAIL' \ --data-urlencode 'first_name=USER_FIRST_NAME' \ --data-urlencode 'last_name=USER_LAST_NAME'
The user will receive an email with a login link where they can set a password for their account.