Are you an emerging or experienced leader in the community services industry, looking for ways to hone your leadership skills? If so, this course is just for you!
Who is it for?
This professional development course 'Developing your leadership style' is aimed at leaders in the community services industry. However, the insights, information and ideas presented will benefit employees of all levels. After all, we're all leaders in one way or another!
The course explores the underpinning concepts of leadership in the workplace, encouraging you to reflect on and challenge your current perceptions of what it means to be a good leader.
It consists of the following elements:
- 1 x visually engaging, interactive eModule
- A toolbox full of helpful posters and infographics
- An online quiz where you can test your knowledge.
What will I learn?
By completing this course, we’ll help you to:
- Examine the characteristics of a good leader and high performing teams
- Evaluate different leadership styles, including your own preferences
- Align your leadership approach to your organisation's requirements
- Lead by example, role modelling positive behaviours such as cooperation, open communication, collaboration and professionalism
- Maintain team productivity, morale and culture by identifying and resolving conflict quickly and effectively.
How long will it take?
This course will take around 1.5 hours to complete, depending on how deep you want to go. It's broken down into discreet packages, so it's easy to dip in and out of your learning when it suits you.
This professional development course is NOT accredited. However, the content contained within the course aligns with the unit of compentecy 'CHCMGT003 Lead the work team'.
That's great! You can extend your learning experience by completing the other courses in this suite:
- Setting your team up for success
- Driving team performance.