Data Privacy and Protection - Australia
The dramatic increase in the use of personal information — and the risks associated with that use — have resulted in the introduction of data protection laws across the world. This course provides you with an understanding of those laws relevant to Australia and your responsibilities for protecting personal information.
- Describe the purpose of data protection laws
- Define key data protection terms
- Recognise the laws and regulations governing data protection in Australia
- Understand the data privacy rights of individuals
- Identify risks and propose solutions based on real-life examples that highlight the importance of data protection
- Describe the penalties for violating data protection laws