Security is of major concern as our data is exposed through the use of websites, emails, social-media sites and applications for both our work and personal life. This 20 minute module will help you understand how to protect yourself and your organisation against cyber-attacks. This module incorporates a knowledge quiz.
After completing the module, you’ll be able to:
- Identify parts of an email that could indicate a hoax/phishing/scam;
- Describe the implications of using free email providers;
- Demonstrate how to protect personal information (privacy settings etc.);
- Identify how to share information safely and responsibly via social media;
- Demonstrate how to protect mobile devices and information;
- Recognise the factors that make up a strong password;
- Use strong passwords to keep safe online;
- Demonstrate how to identify trustworthy websites;
- Demonstrate how to ensure a safe browsing experience;
- Take appropriate actions when suspected or actual cyber-attacks occur.