Welcome to Coaching and Mentoring. This course is designed for leaders and influencers of health and human services organisations to understand the critical role of coaching and mentoring in leading and inspiring others, and applying these skills in the workplace.
Harnessing the full potential of an organisation in terms of capability and results comes down to unlocking the potential of each individual team member. Coaching and mentoring are critical and powerful leadership capabilities to enable others.
This program will help leaders and influencers to build the practical skills necessary to apply coaching techniques within their everyday role. Coaching is a powerful mechanism for having focused, effective, solution-oriented conversations with team members, peers and more senior colleagues. As a mechanism for supporting positive change it can be used to enhance career growth, resolve performance issues, and appropriately challenge difference of view.
This program is designed for leaders and influencers at all levels of the organisation who are interested in applying coaching models to communicate expectations, build high performance or support individual and team growth or learning.
During the course you will learn to:
- Focus on applying coaching techniques to respond to individual learning needs
- Build self awareness and social competence as a coach and leader
- Apply a positive coaching framework to performance conversations
- Consider the range of applications for coaching frameworks within leadership roles
- Conscious communication and clever conversations
- The GROW coaching model
- Coaching as a mechanism for supporting learning and enabling feedback conversations
- Models for coaching and phases in a coaching relationships – including the GROW model
- Purposeful questioning techniques
- Supporting behaviour change and overcoming resistance
- Skills Practice sessions
- Coaching plans and contracts
Coaching will assist leaders to support their team members to achieve their goals, individually and within their organisation. It is a model that can be applied to support development and career growth, clarify expectations, and support positive feedback conversations.