Moral and ethical decisions in the workplace are not made in a vacuum but are based on a foundation of personal character and moral principle. This course helps employees understand the critical role personal character plays in our everyday ethical decision-making and provides tools to help hone and strengthen it. The first two sections of this course helps employees understand, develop, and strengthen character by helping them make character connections that underlie all ethical decisions and then apply it to a personal moral compass. The last three sections help the employee get to where he or she is going by providing a solid grasp of how moral principles and courage affect character-based ethical decisions and then illustrate practical steps to get there through a “Character Makeover”.
- Consider how thoughts, words, actions, and habits play a part in molding one’s character and destiny.
- Learn the benefits of gaining and maintaining solid character both in personal and professional circles.
- Understand the principle of maintaining a moral compass to help individuals find direction and make positive ethical choices.
- Know what moral principles are, how they govern our behavior, and the areas of life where they play a critical role in ethics decision-making.
- Connect courage and personal/professional ethical decision-making.
- Learn the steps to a “Character Makeover” which will provide a solid moral foundation for ethical decision-making in all areas of life.
Connect personal character and moral/ethical decision-making to business compliance issues and principles.