Chain of Responsibility (CoR) - Fundamentals
As part of the Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL), people need to be aware of the role or roles they play in the Chain of Responsibility, and be educated on their responsibilities as defined in the HVNL. Kognent's Chain of Responsibility Fundamentals course is designed to give learners in-depth knowledge and understanding of the Chain of Responsibility Laws. This course teaches the skills necessary to understand the purpose and features of the Chain of Responsibility, who has been identified as a party of the legislation, and identify CoR breaches and penalties related to the breaches. Learners will also be taught the fundamentals of Safety Management Systems and how obligations of the Chain of Responsibility require safety systems to be in place within a business.
This course is targeted to those learners requiring an in-depth understanding of the of the Chain of Responsibility Laws - typically from supervisor level and upwards.
- What is CoR
- Target Areas
- Roles & Key Responsibilties
- Legislation, Breaches & Penalties
- Safety Risk Management
After completion of this course learners should be able to:
- Explain the purpose and features of the Chain of Responsibility legislation.
- Identify who under Chain of Responsibility laws can be held responsible.
- Identify legislative requirements, breaches and penalties.
- Understand the concept of “Reasonably Practicable”.
- Understand the obligations under the HVNL of speed, fatigue, mass & dimension, load restraint and vehicle standards & maintenance.
- Identify and report Chain of Responsibility Breaches.
- Understand Safety Risk Management processes.
- Understand roles and responsibilities in each stage of the Supply Chain.
Businesses are required to make their people aware of the role/s they play in the chain, and educate them on their responsibilities. Most businesses will be implicated in the Chain of Responsibility and not even recognise it. For example - if you order office supplies and they arrive by heavy vehicle then you are part of the Chain. Kognents suite of Chain of Responsibility online training modules help businesses to remain compliant with their legislative requirements